Scott Friedman, CSP, 2004-2005 President of National Speakers Association, Suggests These 10 Ways to Celebrate National Humor Month
10. Send out child-like invitations to your next meeting.
Everyone brings a gift for a needy child.
9. Be a Cookie Monster! Come in early to drop off a cookie
(or chocolate!!) on each employee's desk. No note. No
8. Change the word "deadline" to "finish line" to celebrate all
7. Practice kind acts of random. The third person to work
today wins a photo with my Aunt Gladys.
6. Celebrate employees' 'inner child' by posting their baby
pictures on a bulletin board and guess who's who.
5. Celebrate the first stress of the day! Computer issues?
Bravo! Time for a latte and a chocolate croissant.
4. Make an "already done" list and celebrate your
3. Play theme music to match the tome of your upcoming
meeting, i.e., Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive." "What ever
happened to her?".
2. Name that "hum." Organize a 'hum-along'. It's hard to be
stressed when you're humming.
1. Enroll yourself in the Hokey Pokey Clinic and turn
Scott's inspiring book, "Celebrate!: Lessons Learned From the World's Most Admired Organizations" is available at www.scottfriedman.net
all content © 2016 National Humor Month